Peter J. Glennon is a litigator and appellate attorney focusing his practice on employment law matters, including individual, collective and class action cases.
Prior to joining Thomas & Solomon, LLP, Mr. Glennon was a commercial litigation associate with Nixon Peabody LLP where he handled several complex litigation matters. His extensive litigation experiences include employment law cases, civil rights issues, contract disputes, intellectual property issues, aviation law matters, and franchise and distribution law cases, in both state and federal courts.
Mr. Glennon previously served as law clerk for the Honorable Elizabeth W. Pine, Associate Justice of the New York Supreme Court, Appellate Division, Fourth Department, and as an Appellate Court Attorney for that Court as well. He also is the former Deputy Staff Judge Advocate (JAG) for a New York Air National Guard unit, and continues his military service today.
- J.D., Albany Law School of Union University, cum laude(Note and Comment Editor, Albany Law Review)
- B.S., University of the State of New York, Regents College
Publications and Speaking
Mr. Glennon has authored several chapters on litigation and alternative dispute resolution law for the American Bar Association (ABA) and has been invited to speak on those topics by the ABA and the New York State Bar Association (NYSBA). He has also presented Continuing Legal Education (CLE) courses on various litigation topics, including arbitration and electronic discovery.
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Monroe County Bar Association
- National Employment Lawyers Association
Public Service (current and recent)
- Honor Flight Rochester, Inc., co-founder.
- Albany Law School National Alumni Association, director.
- Armed Forces Day Committee, Inc., member.
- Lawyers for Learning (Monroe County Bar Association), mentor.
- American Inns of Court, member.
- American Legion, member.
Awards and Recognitions
- In 2008, Mr. Glennon was awarded the “Up & Coming Attorney” award by the Daily Record.
- In 2010, Mr. Glennon was named one of Rochester’s “40 Under Forty,” recognizing him as a leader who has made significant contributions to the community.
- Over the years, Mr. Glennon has also received numerous awards and recognitions for his pro bono service, including William Rodman Peabody Awards and Empire State Counsel designations.