Patrick Solomon is a founding partner of Thomas & Solomon LLP. He concentrates his practice representing individuals in negotiations with employers and in federal and state court in the areas of employment discrimination, collective- and class-actions for unpaid wages, wrongful denial of benefits, breach of employment contract, and the handling of administrative proceedings.
Before forming Dolin, Thomas & Solomon LLP, Mr. Solomon served in the Labor and Employee Benefits Group at Nixon Peabody LLP, where he counseled small, mid-size and Fortune 500 companies on state and federal laws governing employer-employee relations and the implementation of work force reductions. Mr. Solomon uses this unique insight into both sides of an employment dispute to better serve his individual clients.
Mr. Solomon and Nelson Thomas were selected by the Monroe County Bar Association to be the sole provider of employment advice to the Bar Association.
In 2005, Mr. Solomon was selected to receive the forty under forty award, which honors leaders who have made a significant contribution to the Rochester community.
In 2007 and 2008, Mr. Solomon was chosen to New York Super Lawyers Upstate Edition.
Mr. Solomon played on the Iroquois National Lacrosse Team in the 1990 and 1998 World Lacrosse Championships in Perth, Australia and Baltimore, Maryland. He also played in three national championships on the 12-time national champion Hobart College team.
- J.D., Cornell Law School, 1995
- B.A., Hobart College, 1992, with honors
- Founding Partner, Dolin, Thomas & Solomon LLP
- Associate, Nixon Peabody LLP (formely Nixon, Hargrave, Devons & Doyle), Labor and Employee Benefits Group
Faculty, Law Education Institute, Aspen Colorado
- "Handling Workplace Investigation of Discrimination"
- "Effective Use of Closing Arguments"
Hobart College Academic Achievement Awards Benjamin Hale Dinner
Monroe County Bar Center for Education
- "Practical Ways to Build Your Practice"
National Employment Law Association- New York
- "Effective Use of ERISA in Disability Litigation"
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Monroe County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- National Employment Law Association
Public Service (current and former)
- Volunteer attorney, Volunteer Legal Services Project
- Member, St. Regis Mohawk Nation
- Former Associate Judge, St. Regis Mohawk Tribal Court
- Judiciary Committee member, Monroe County Bar Association
- American Bar Association's Fair Labor Standards Legislative Committee
- History of the Civil Rights Act, Daily Record, February 28, 2003
- Starting Your Own Law Practice, Daily Record, June 13, 2002
- Board member, Compeer International, Inc.
- President’s Award from the Supreme Court of State of New York, January 16th, 2010